英语四级写作阅读:看医生
看医生是我最不想做的事。
I hate waiting long hours in a hospital,only to spend five minutes with an indifferent doctor.
我讨厌在医院里等候很久,但却只花五分钟就被漠不关心的医生打发走。
Most of them just ask a few questions and then give you a prescription.
大部分的医生只是问几个问题。
In my opinion,they are more like machines than sym-pathetic people.
然后就开给你一张处方。
I had a severe pain in my right shoulder a few months ago.
依我看,他们比较像机器而不像是有同情心的人。
I had no choice but to see a doctor.
几个月前,我的右肩剧烈疼痛。
To my surprise,the doctor was very kind.
我除了去看医生外别无选择。
He asked me some questions and thoroughly examined my shoulder.
令我惊讶的是,那个医生很好。
He said I would have to take some medicine for two months and get plenty of rest.
他问了我一些问题并全面检查我的肩膀。
Now I have fully recovered and feel great.
他说我必须吃两个月的药并要充分地休息。
Although I was at first reluctant,I'm glad I went to see the doctor.
现在我已经完全康复并且感觉很好。
短语解析:
1.…be the last thing (that) I want to do……是我最不想做的事
例:Gambling is the last thing (that) I want to do.
赌博是我最不想做的事.
2. only to V 却…… 竞然……
例:The thief anxiously opened the safe,only to find a ten-dollar coin.
那小偷满怀希望地打开保险箱,却只发现一枚10美元硬币.
3.have no choice but to V 除了……之外别无选择
例:I had no choice but to agree with her.
我除了同意她之外别无选择
虽然当初我很不愿就医,但我很高兴去看了医生.